Strange registratio...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Strange registration result/cannot normalize, integrate

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@canjosh)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Hello friends,

I'm a relative beginner, but have been using APP successfully for several months now. I'm trying to integrate a stack shot with OSC using default APP settings, with the exception of Bayer Drizzle (0.5 tophatkernel and 2x scale) selected. The process fails at the end of registration. The individual subframes look appropriate in the linear and calibrated form...but the l-c-registered frames have large swaths of artifact of some sort. I am using the latest beta, enjoying the star reduction tool! I'll attach a couple of pictures of the issue. Help!!

Capture
Capture2

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@canjosh Hi Joshua, do you get this when trying to integrate one panel subs (i.e. all images are of the same regeion in the sky) or with a mosaic?

ReplyQuote
(@canjosh)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  
Posted by: @wvreeven

@canjosh Hi Joshua, do you get this when trying to integrate one panel subs (i.e. all images are of the same regeion in the sky) or with a mosaic?

This is one panel—only other potentially important detail is that I have 30 second and 180 second subs that I’m trying to integrate. All taken in one night with an unchanged imaging train during the session.  Thank you 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

What does the integration look like? Because this does look normal in the sense that, this is the kind of thing drizzling does with the data. But if the registration fails, that is something else probably. Could you try this with just one of the datasets to see if that works?

ReplyQuote
(@canjosh)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

APP cannot get past the registration step. It cancels/aborts the integration. I have successfully drizzled other data before without this issue before. Yes, I will try to stack the different exposure times separately. 

ReplyQuote
Share: