Strange registratio...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

Strange registration result/cannot normalize, integrate  

RSS

(@canjosh)
Molecular Cloud Customer
July 30, 2021 04:00  

Hello friends,

I'm a relative beginner, but have been using APP successfully for several months now. I'm trying to integrate a stack shot with OSC using default APP settings, with the exception of Bayer Drizzle (0.5 tophatkernel and 2x scale) selected. The process fails at the end of registration. The individual subframes look appropriate in the linear and calibrated form...but the l-c-registered frames have large swaths of artifact of some sort. I am using the latest beta, enjoying the star reduction tool! I'll attach a couple of pictures of the issue. Help!!

Capture
Capture2

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar Admin
July 30, 2021 05:03  

@canjosh Hi Joshua, do you get this when trying to integrate one panel subs (i.e. all images are of the same regeion in the sky) or with a mosaic?

ReplyQuote
(@canjosh)
Molecular Cloud Customer
July 30, 2021 05:20  
Posted by: @wvreeven

@canjosh Hi Joshua, do you get this when trying to integrate one panel subs (i.e. all images are of the same regeion in the sky) or with a mosaic?

This is one panel—only other potentially important detail is that I have 30 second and 180 second subs that I’m trying to integrate. All taken in one night with an unchanged imaging train during the session.  Thank you 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
July 30, 2021 16:16  

What does the integration look like? Because this does look normal in the sense that, this is the kind of thing drizzling does with the data. But if the registration fails, that is something else probably. Could you try this with just one of the datasets to see if that works?

ReplyQuote
(@canjosh)
Molecular Cloud Customer
July 30, 2021 16:29  

APP cannot get past the registration step. It cancels/aborts the integration. I have successfully drizzled other data before without this issue before. Yes, I will try to stack the different exposure times separately. 

ReplyQuote
Share: