Star Reducer with s...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Star Reducer with spikes do not work good in Beta2

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@daniel_n)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hello,

I'm currently testing the new "Star reducer" in Beta2.
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work well with newtonian telescopes. Unfortunately, the spikes create a lot of artifacts.
Will that be improved in the final version?

The idea of making the stars smaller in the linear image is a great and definitely the right way to get good stars!

To improve speed, the change should only be made in a specific window. So you can find the best settings by changing the sliders and only apply them to the entire image at the end.

app1
app2

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

It is being improved yes, not sure if that would apply specifically to this, but the current version has more trouble with a very busy star field and nebulosity which sometimes looks like a star to the algorithm. So I would wait a bit for the next releases.

ReplyQuote
(@daniel_n)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Very good Mabula. If it helps, I can send you the FITS file.
I am sure that the star reduce tool will be a great feature in APP!

ReplyQuote
Share: