Batch save only lin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Batch save only linear?

5 Posts
4 Users
4 Likes
(@daniel_n)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hello,

I've just tried the new batch save. Mabula once wrote to me that I can use it to convert FITS files to TIF or JPG in a batch.
He also wrote that the files will be saved as previewed before. So also stretched.
But the images are all saved linear!
I don't think that should be the case, should it?

Best regards
Daniel

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Daniel @daniel_n,

The batch tool will keep the original data intact. So if you feed linear data, linear data will come out. Debayering is done as well if you feed data that still needs it.

I do not recall mentioning that you could save your linear data automatically stretched with the preview filter, thus saving stretched data. Why do you want to have this option Daniel? It is something that I can add to my ToDo list for sure, but I need to add some modification to the tool.

Saving the data without stretching is the most logical thing. The batch would apply to light frames, which you really don't want to stretch before integrating them. If you would, you lose a lot of flexibility and precision in all steps leading to less control and lesser results normally.

"I don't think that should be the case, should it?"

It should ;-), saving with stretch is more out of the ordinary I think.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@daniel_n)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hello Mabula,

Thanks for the feedback.
I would mainly use the "Batch save" option to create a time-lapse video. For example, to be able to show asteroids.
For this it is of course important that you can calibrate, register, neutralize and stretch the FITS files in a 16 bit TIF.
That would be a unique selling point for APP! Was looking for a software solution to this problem some time ago and couldn't find anything.
So that would be a really great feature for APP 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

That is a nice one Daniel, I think Mabula will be able to make that possible. Thanks for the suggestion!

ReplyQuote
(@ccdmike)
Main Sequence Star

I faced the same thing for the same reason as Daniel and supoort his suggestion 😀 

Thanks Mabula and Vincent

ReplyQuote
Share: