Stacking 4 sessions...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Stacking 4 sessions...2 with Bayer Drizzle and 2 without. How do I do it?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@rattler1981)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi guys. I have 10 hours worth of data split into 4 sessions. Two sessions with Bayer Drizzle and two without. I also want to separate Ha and OIII to combine as HOO. How would I go about doing this?

Thanks.

This topic was modified 4 years ago by RATTLER1981

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Mm, the drizzling will sharpen the result, given the data is suited for that (undersampled and nicely dithered with enough frames). It will also increase the noise a bit. The other sessions will then be less sharp, combining that will likely produce a worse result then (better compared to only combining with non dithered data, worse when combining just drizzled data). Dimensions will be different, so it needs to re-register etc.

Separating Ha and OIII can be done when you load in the data and selecting the (extract Ha, or OIII) algortithm in tab 0.

ReplyQuote
(@rattler1981)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

OK thanks. So if I don't Bayer Drizzle on either would there be any benefit from uping the scale only?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Uhm, I would say no as there is no extra information present to make that beneficial, but I've never done it so I'm not 100% sure. It increases resolution, but I doubt it gives you a better result.

ReplyQuote
Share: