Slow Application St...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Slow Application Start-Up since beta26

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@jmwill)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi team,

since a few weeks I'm experiencing a slow application start up.
After starting APP, the first row of the console output is display, then APP hang's for about 1 minute. During this the image window (I have it set to open in a separate window) is shown, but header of the window is white (i.e. not reacting).
After one minute console output is continuing and APP is ready.

Attached a screenshot of the console output where we see a pause of 1 minute between 08:05:10 and 08:06:14

I saw this in beta26 for the first time and it's still there in beta29.

Any ideas?

I'm running Windows10 (22H2) on a Lenovo P71 laptop-workstation.

Best regards,
Jean-Marie

Screenshot 2024 03 01 080709

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Jean-Marie @jmwill,

This looks like a problem with OpenGL initialization then. Please check if your graphical drivers are up-to-date and installed correctly. Microsoft has a habit to install wrong graphical drivers by itself causing issues like this. Make sure that Windows did not install graphical drivers and use the the correct drivers from Lenovo.

Please let me know if this solves the issue.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@jmwill)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi Mabula @mabula-admin,

I updated the driver to the latest driver from NVIDIAs Homepage, but unfortunately that did solve the issue. Same ~1 min delay during startup.

BR

Jean-Marie

Driver Info:

grafik

Startup log of APP:

grafik

ReplyQuote
(@jmwill)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi Mabula @mabula-admin ,

new update: yesterday and today APP starts without noticable delay. Seems that the issue not really repeatable or is depending on something else. Anyway, I think no issue anymore where you need to spent time on.

Thanks
Jean-Marie

ReplyQuote
Share: