Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Session window

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Heno
(@heno)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

The way the session window works have been irritating me for years. It is so easy to make a mistake, it requires a load of unnecessary mouse clicks and it is counter intuitive. For this window to appear you have already checked of "multi-session processing" before loading the frames. So

1. Why on earth does  it default to "Only one session"? You have already said there are multiple sessions!

2. It should default to session 1. And it should stay at session 1 until you select session 2.

3. When you select session 2 it should stay at session 2 until you select session 3, and so on and so forth!

4. The "Only one session" check box is really not needed. If it defaults to session 1 you just leave it there for everything you load. Or even better, you go back and uncheck the "multi-session processing" if you don't want to see the session window or see session 1 in the file list.

Can you please do something about this? It is driving me mad!

PS: I liked that you have put the file list and image window back in the main window.  It would have been even better if you made all the different frames dockable, like you have in SGP and NINA. Then every user could put the frames where he wants them or select not to see some frames at all.

ReplyQuote
(@connor231)
White Dwarf

I agree with this suggestion. It sounds like an easy fix that would significantly improve the usability of the interface. When I'm doing a single session I nearly always forget to uncheck multi-session and have to go back.

JC

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@heno @connor231 Thanks, we have passed on the suggestions to Mabula.

Posted by: @connor231

When I'm doing a single session I nearly always forget to uncheck multi-session and have to go back.

There really is no need for that. As long as you make sure that all data are loaded in session 1, it doesn't matter if multi-session is checked or not. Still, like I wrote above, we have passed on the suggestions to Mabula.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @heno and John @connor231,

Thank you very much for the suggestions about the multi-session interface.

I agree with your suggestions here, especially now that APP will remember settings between restarts as scheduled for APP 2.0.0 stable.

I have added this to our ToDo to have improved for 2.0.0 stable 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: