serious problem wit...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

serious problem with picture corners with QHY 294C Pro images

4 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@dennis75)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi!

I have a problem with the stacked pictures with my QHY 294C Pro camera. The stacked pictures look like this:

2022-04-04_144157.jpg

This is a big problem when I combine multiple sessions with slightly different camera angles. Also a mosaic stack will be impossible I suppose.
When I open a single light frame of the camera there is only a black margin.
But when I open a light frame in fits liberator and stretch it the corners look like this:

2022-04-04_144350.jpg
I have absolutely no idea if this is normal for this camera.
Is there a possibility of cropping all the light frames before stacking?
Or any other suggestion?

Thanks in advance and Best Regards
Dennis

ReplyQuote
(@dennis75)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Update: I have compared some of the lightg frames of the camera and found out that the exposed pixels on the corners are the same in each light frame. So normaly I would think APP should recognize them and eliminate them.

So what causes this strange frame around the stack?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

It is a bit strange indeed, would you mind uploading like 10 lights, 10 darks, 10 flats, etc. to our server to check out?

Dennis Mihm reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dennis75)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod 

Done...

ReplyQuote
Share: