Save Calibrated Fra...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Save Calibrated Frames

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@detoxx)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi there,

is this a new thing that the user have to choose between this Options in the Screenshot below if he like to save the calibrated Light-Frames?

Make no sense to me, to save linear Calibrated Unstacked Lights as 16 Bit or 8 Bit Integers? I dont understand, in the Versions before, there was not such a thing.

Greetings,

Markus

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

You mean why there are options for 16-bit as well? Well, it is possible and saves space. It also usually contains all information just fine and after having done the calibration, this works well. Before calibration it's best to use 32-bit as the calibration files can give issues in some cases at lower bit-depth.

Detoxx reacted
ReplyQuote
(@detoxx)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Yeah, the Question is: 32-bit Floats or Integers ? Whats the Difference as Fits File?

16 Bit on unstacked frames? I thought the best to save is 32-bit

Cheers,

Markus

This post was modified 3 years ago by Detoxx

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

So, I double checked with Mabula, but yes if you calibrate in 32-bits and then save those as 16-bits and stack, it shouldn't be an issue as that is enough space for all data. You can give it a try and compare both and determine if you can save some space without affecting quality. We do agree that the dialogs can be improved upon still, so Mabula is working on that and will make them default to 32 bit float anyway.

ReplyQuote
Share: