RGB Combine under T...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

RGB Combine under Tools

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@jcheak)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I have 61 light frames from the same OSC camera and telescope. I was following Eric Astro's Hubble Palette with OSC and APP. I followed the steps exactly 3 different times, but each time, when I select the RGB combine under tools, assign the 3 channels that were created earlier and click (re)calculate I get and error. "The images aren't compatible. Please make sure the data has the same dimensions and bit depth." If I look at the 3 files loaded it seems the Oxygen III channel dimension is different. Any idea why it is doing this?

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

Did you do a Analyze Stars and Register on the three stacks before trying to combine them in Combine RGB?

ReplyQuote
(@jcheak)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreevenYes

ReplyQuote
(@jcheak)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jcheak

@wvreevenYes

Wait, I may have answered to quick. I did that as part of the stacking process of the three, are you saying I should do an Analyze Stars and Register on the three "completed" stacks. prior to doing the RGB combine?

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

Yes indeed. Though as to why the OIII stack is one pixel smaller than the other two, I don’t know. But you could crop the three frames to the same size, then run them through Analyze Stars and Register, save the registered frames and then load them in Combine RGB.

ReplyQuote
(@jcheak)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I did what was suggested to the 3 completed stacks, the OIII still came out different. I will try cropping.

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Share: