Resume after exitin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Resume after exiting APP?

7 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@glennn)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I got thru #6: Integrate. I have not yet run any Tools.

If I exit APP, how can I resume where I left off? I've saved files in a work directory for every step.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@glennn Glenn, once the integration is done you can start post-processing the image(s). APP has saved the integration results in your working directory so you may close APP if you want. All you need to do is to load the integration results in tab 1, either as lights or as Other/Processed data at the top of tab 1 depending on what data you have and what you want to do next. 

ReplyQuote
(@glennn)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Oh, that's easy, but It wasn't obvious. I was put off by the numerical sequencing of the operations and just didn't think that I could load processed files in #1 and then skip immediately to the Tools processing tab. 

A more obvious path would be a "Save Project" button and then "Load Project". So many desktop applications function in that way. I appreciate the simplicity of the APP processing pathway, but the lack of conventional menus is strange.

Thanks for your answer.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

True, loading and saving projects is planned for the next release, how much we can put in that one we don't know yet, but of course when we have that implemented, we'll expand options where needed.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

Posted by: @glennn

Oh, that's easy, but It wasn't obvious. I was put off by the numerical sequencing of the operations and just didn't think that I could load processed files in #1 and then skip immediately to the Tools processing tab. 

Well, you can load the data in tab 1 and then skip all steps and go to tab 6 and click the Integrate button. Once that is done, you can load the resulting integration result(s) in the Tools tab.

ReplyQuote
(@glennn)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

But what if I already have the integrated data? Can't I load that and skip the Integrate button? (I really should just experiment).

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@glennn Well, the integrated data I referred to are a result from an integration run in APP. If you obtained the integrated data in a different way then you don't need to load them in tab 1. Most tools allow you to load them when you open the tool.

ReplyQuote
Share: