removing green in A...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

removing green in APP

16 Posts
3 Users
4 Likes
(@msamazing)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Can somebody please help me with the process of removing green after  integration?  After clicking on tools, what is the process?  If somebody know a tutorial that shows it, that would be helpful.  

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@msamazing Hi Michael. In the tools tab you can use HSL selective color. Load your image and then at the bottom of the options to the left select the GREEN channel. Select the "background to 50%" option and set the low value to 0. Next play with the G <-> MA slider and click "calculate current adjustments" until you're happy.

Screenshot 2022 04 29 at 20.55.26

HTH, Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Do you have a RGB image? If so, you can perform a star color calibration which may already help, in there you can also tweak the sliders a little bit for the green channel. Otherwise, HSL selective color is also an option. You load in the image, go to tools/HSL selective color, pick the green channel and move the G<->MA slider more towards MA (Magenta).

edit: There you go, twice the amount of advice for the same price!

ReplyQuote
(@msamazing)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Is it possible to upload my File to see what you would recommend and how?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Sure;

ReplyQuote
(@msamazing)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

file is uploaded in msamazing-green folder.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

So, I think you're not using flats? And the overall result seems a bit noisy, so I wonder what settings you used to capture the data.

What I did;

1. Using the LP tool to remove as much of the gradient as possible, I stretched the image to the 30% preset and then corrected it;

LPCorrected

2. Performed a star color calibration by placing a few big boxes around stars with no nebulosity in the background;

StarColorCorrected

This, to me, looks fine already. With the stretch turned down a bit and saturation turned up to about 0.32;

LessStretch

ReplyQuote
(@msamazing)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

You are correct.  I was going to do flats but without going into a long story, I wasn't able to do it.  

Here is a dumb question.  I closed APP and want to pull up my integrated file again to do the changes.  How do open the integrated file in APP after reopening APP?

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@msamazing You can set the working directory to where the integrated file is. Then load it via Other/Processed to the top left of APP. You can also load it as a Light and APP will then probably show a popup indicating that it has detected that it is an integration and if you're sure you want to open it. You can safely click Yes. Either way works equally well in APP.

ReplyQuote
(@msamazing)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

I was looking at your Light pollution strategy and it looks like you used 2 boxes.  When I try it with 2 boxes, it says I need at least 5 boxes.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@msamazing The screenshot that Vincent placed is not of the "remove light pollution" tool but of the "calibrate star colors" tool. That one only requires one box (or more).

ReplyQuote
(@msamazing)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

He mentioned the LP tool after he saw my file.  I assume this is light pollution?   So is the process to first use the LP tool after stretching to 30% BG, 2 sigma, 0,0% base to remove light pollution and then do the calibrate star colors?  What steps in a row would you recommend?

ReplyQuote
(@msamazing)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

the image looks better when I zoom in a little.  Is it possible to save it as a JPEG zoomed in?  I tried it but it didn't keep the zoom.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@msamazing After the integration finishes you should remove light pollution (with at least 5 rectangles) and then calibrate star colors (with at least 1 rectangle). Saving a zoomed in JPEG isn't possible in APP. 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

@msamazing If you look at my reply there, I mention the LP tool in step 1, the star color calibration in step 2. 😉 If you want an even more detailed step-by-step I can make that, but please allow for a day or so during the weekend.

ReplyQuote
(@msamazing)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Thank you very much and I think I am now good.  This has been very helpful and I appreciate all of your assistance very much!  

ReplyQuote
Share: