RAM requirements fo...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

RAM requirements for large mosaic

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@astrofalls)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hello, I'm attempting to integrate a 36-panel mosaic that is about 2 Gigapixels in size, and APP suggests downscaling the result by a factor of 0.000 to integrate the image because of memory limitations, which is not what I was hoping to do hahaha. My machine has 32Gb of memory, how much memory do I need to integrate a 2 Gigapixel image? 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Good question, I'm not sure actually. 🙂 It's big though so it does require a lot of memory indeed. Downscaling it by 0, is basically no downscaling so you might give it a shot? Which APP version are you using?

ReplyQuote
(@astrofalls)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I supposed I interpreted a 0.0 factor as being the final image size is zero! I'll try it out. and I'm using the new beta version

ReplyQuote
Share: