QHY294C in 47m (unb...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

QHY294C in 47m (unbinned mode)

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@wstumpferlgmx-de)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hello,

maybe my question was in the wrong forum, but does APP support inbetween the real unbinned mode of an QHY294C / IMX294 (47MP Mode) ?
I know there was a post one year ago regarding this issue but I have seen that it was never really answered. Is/was there any changing in the last year ?
I think a lot of 294-users are interested in answering this question too.

best regards
Werner

ReplyQuote
(@col)
Neutron Star

@wstumpferlgmx-de 

For sure the APP team would have a definitive answer, but i think it would not matter since the FIT file would be no different to any other, just a larger file size compared to the binned out of the box ASI294 subs. I would imagine APP will process a series of those subs just like any other.

ReplyQuote
(@wstumpferlgmx-de)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi Colm, 

The unbinned Bayer pattern of a quad binned 294 is complete different from all other patterns, it's RRRRGGGGGGGGBBBB. I'm not sure if the camera driver interpolates this in RGGB. One year ago it was not a function of the driver and here was a discussion if APP can do this. I have sold my 294c some times ago but I plan to buy it again and now I want to know if I can use this mode today. I found no info if now implemented in driver or not. Also I got no answer from QHY. Does anyone know it?

BR

Werner 

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @wstumpferlgmx-de

Hi Colm, 

The unbinned Bayer pattern of a quad binned 294 is complete different from all other patterns, it's RRRRGGGGGGGGBBBB. I'm not sure if the camera driver interpolates this in RGGB. One year ago it was not a function of the driver and here was a discussion if APP can do this. I have sold my 294c some times ago but I plan to buy it again and now I want to know if I can use this mode today. I found no info if now implemented in driver or not. Also I got no answer from QHY. Does anyone know it?

BR

Werner 

Hi Werner @wstumpferlgmx-de,

Thank you for posting this. I am not aware of how such a unbinned Bayer Pattern would work? If is is RRRRGGGGGGGGBBBB it is by definition not even a Bayer pattern I think.

Best way to answer this is to send me a couple of frames of such a unbinned mode of an QHY294C / IMX294 (47MP Mode) camera sensor. Then I can check how it works and if we can support it, or already do.

You can use the upload instructions on the top right of our forum and then let me know that you have uploaded it 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: