Processing Separate...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Processing Separately vs Simultaneously

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@leolibbey)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

If I am shooting one series at higher ISO and another series at lower ISO, is it generally better to process them separately and then layer them in another program or process them all in a single session on APP.  Still pretty new to APP and haven't found the right balance in luminosity of various parts of the shot when processing them all at once.  The end I want to get to is to keep crisp stars I get with lower ISO combined with the nebulosity I get with the higher ISO series; just trying to figure out the best path to get there.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@leolibbey APP is not capable yet of HDR compositions like what you are looking for. The next version will have a star extraction tool such that the stars and the background can be processed separately and that will be the first step towards true HDR processing. So until then it's better to integrate the two sets of lights separately and combine them in another tool.

ReplyQuote
(@leolibbey)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Thanks!  The star extraction tool sounds great.  Any estimate on when that version is planning to be released?

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@leolibbey Unfortunately it is unclear when that will be.

ReplyQuote
Share: