Pausing processing

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

[Solved] Pausing processing

5 Posts
4 Users
4 Likes
(@tbar23)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

I have started processing images I took last night. I have loaded the frames, created the various masters using Calibrate and have completed Analyze Stars and Registration. I don't want to begin Normalize and Integrate as I need to take my laptop somewhere.

If I close APP and re-open later and choose the same Working Directory, can I just continue processing from where I left off?

Thanks in advance.

-Trevor

ReplyQuote
(@col)
Neutron Star

@tbar23

I dont think so Trevor, unless you leave app on and have the laptop in standby mode rather than shutting down. The lights.dat file and any other info I think is expunged if APP is shut down. 

But, you can save all the frames at each stage, so you can save the registered frames (choose save option in the tab) and just continue from the normalise tabs when loading those back into app. That will give you the option you wanted in your post. 

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @tbar23

I have started processing images I took last night. I have loaded the frames, created the various masters using Calibrate and have completed Analyze Stars and Registration. I don't want to begin Normalize and Integrate as I need to take my laptop somewhere.

If I close APP and re-open later and choose the same Working Directory, can I just continue processing from where I left off?

Thanks in advance.

-Trevor

Hi Trevor @tbar23,

Indeed, like Colm indicated, you can save the registered frames in 4) and then close APP.

Next time that you start APP, load these registered frames. Skip 3) and 4) and proceed in 5) 😉

In the next stable release, we will make it even easier by providing save/load of your complete project with all processing details preserved.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@tbar23)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Another question on a similar topic: my computer restarted itself during the integration phase of a multi-session processing. It looks as if APP may have generated the integrated fits file for the first session and then restarted somewhere after that.

My working directory has one "M42_HDR-RGB-session_1.fits" file - I think this is the integration output of the first session.

The directory also has a BPM, an MF-IG_xxx, an MDF-IG_xxx and several MD-IG_xxx files.

Because I didn't save any calibrated, registered or normalized files, I am guessing that I basically need to start over. Is that right?

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@tbar23 You can reuse the master files that APP created so you don’t have to reprocess the raw calibration files. And if the integration result of session 1 was created then you can skip that. But the rest you will have to redo, yes.

ReplyQuote
Share: