Noise pattern that ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Noise pattern that looks like walking noise

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@digitaliz-se)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Ive found that some of my images get these walking noise like pattern. Ive tried stacking with and without the calibration frames but they are still here.

I am not dithering, but the stacked files from DSS does not show this effect at all.

Is there a stacking optoin I can use to get rid of these? I normally use automatic, but I've tried manual with Average with the same results. 

This example image is a stack of 500*30s at f/1.8 from APP and the streaks are not visible in DeepSkyStacker.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@digitaliz-se Hi Stefan, did you attach an image to your post? I don't see any.

ReplyQuote
(@digitaliz-se)
Red Giant
Topic starter  
Posted by: @wvreeven

@digitaliz-se Hi Stefan, did you attach an image to your post? I don't see any.

Hmm must've been deöleted by misstake. 

Here is DSS vs APP.

/stefan

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I think DSS might have them as well, I see a difference in the stretching basically. The APP version shows more of the nebulosity and probably makes the walking noise stand out more. You can only really get rid of walking noise with dithering unfortunately.

ReplyQuote
(@digitaliz-se)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Thanks! Ths was my secondary setup. I can dither on RA of my iOptron. I think you are spot on.

I have tried everything, changed debayer algtorithm, skippe normalisation etc etc. But the "problem" is stiill there.

/Stefan

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

And when you're able to eliminate field rotation, that may also help (if that's a possible cause).

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@digitaliz-se On top of what Vincent writes, to my best of knowledge it is not possible to get rid of walking noise in (post-)processing the images.

ReplyQuote
Share: