Multi Column and Ro...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Multi Column and Row Mosaic - Issue with joint in one column

2 Posts
1 Users
2 Likes
(@stastro)
Black Hole
Topic starter  

So this was my first time creating a mosaic of more than one column + more than one row, and I ran into an issue.  So there are four panels so far

Column 2 Row 1 (C2R1)
Column 2 Row 2 (C2R2)
Column 3 Row 1 (C3R1)
Column 3 Row 2 (C3R2)

I plan on expanding thisout to be a 9 panel mosaic, but for the time being I have completed datasets for the above.

I pre-processed each panel to create my stacks for each panel, and then proceeded to load up the stacks to create the 4-panel mosaic.  This is where I ran into an issue.

The join between C2 R1 and R2 towards the right of the frame had duplicated stars and didn't look right at all, all other joins between frames were perfect, so it was not what I was expecting. I was able to successfully created the 4-panel mosaic by creating a mosaic of Column 2 and Column 3 as seperate 2 panel mosaics and then merging the 2-panel mosaics to create the 4-panel mosaic.

Is this the expected way to create multi row, multi column mosaics?

Currently processing my 200mpx image, so cannot upload any image showing the issue just yet.

Regards

Simon

ReplyQuote
(@stastro)
Black Hole
Topic starter  

Ok I think I know what the issue was, I still had same camera and optics selected, loading up all the files and making sure that was disabled makes it work like a charm.

ReplyQuote
Share: