Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Mosaic Warping

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@13rannon13)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

New to APP but have had some great results with other images. I stacked a 2 panel Ha mosaic I did but I have some strange warping near the middle of the the first panel. I did add some data to the top panel that was slightly to the right and bottom of that panel with a dual band filter to help fill in a gap I had. Its from same scope and camera though. Would this be the issue since those panels were very close to the same spot?   

Screen Shot 2020 07 08 at 10.03.35 AM
Screen Shot 2020 07 08 at 10.06.14 AM
Screen Shot 2020 07 08 at 10.06.40 AM

ReplyQuote
(@13rannon13)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

So my Ha stack just finished with just the 2 panels and the warping is not there... Is there a setting that would allow me to add the extra data and avoid the warping?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

How many stars did you use for star analysis? Upping that to about 2000 should help.

ReplyQuote
(@13rannon13)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

Just the default setting. Ill try upping it and see how that works. Thanks for the reply!

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ah, so for mosaics you’d want to select some other options, like Advanced mode, 2000 stars, not the same camera and optics and dynamic distortion correction. 

ReplyQuote
Share: