Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Mosaic Question

6 Posts
3 Users
4 Likes
(@elgol)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hello,

when doing a mosaic like the one in Mabula's big tutorial with my data and I use two different cameras, how do I do this? I realized that my unmodded Nikon D750 is quite ok with AP but needs different treatment in star color analysis than my D810a. Usually you proceed in stacking each setting before using the stack (panels) for combining them into a mosaic. This is done without previous lightpollution or Sc-calibration. But when I combine stacks of different cameras with like different green cast as with the 2 Nikons wouldn't I get into trouble?

stefan

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Data taken with different camera's and setups shouldn't be a problem at all as this was part of the extensive testing Mabula did in the beginning. He created some stunning results with data taken by a lot of different people into 1 image. So what you could do is try to go with the data at once and deselecting "same camera and optics" in the register module (4). Or, integrate them seperately and combining the stacked results. In the post-processing, the background neutralisation and color correction tools should take care of the rest (as well as the LNC or Local Normalisation Correction in the integrate module).

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elgol)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  
Posted by: Vincent Groenewold - Moderator

Data taken with different camera's and setups shouldn't be a problem at all as this was part of the extensive testing Mabula did in the beginning. He created some stunning results with data taken by a lot of different people into 1 image. So what you could do is try to go with the data at once and deselecting "same camera and optics" in the register module (4). Or, integrate them seperately and combining the stacked results. In the post-processing, the background neutralisation and color correction tools should take care of the rest (as well as the LNC or Local Normalisation Correction in the integrate module).

if that works then it'd be great. just thought that local mixed colors due to implementation of different sensors in a mosaic could influence this. LNC etc. would be indeed powerful. Light pollution correction does not influence star colors that much so I thought here could be a problem ...

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

It shouldn't be a big problem, unless something very specific causes an issue between the data. The proof will be in the pudding!

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Stefan @elgol & Vincent @vincent-mod,

In my experience, if you shoot the data from the same field of view with 2 different camera's then there should be no problem in combining this properly.

Howeverm if you are creating a mosaic, and you shoot the mosaic panels with different camera's, then things might start to become complicated very quickly, especially is the difference between the camera's is big. A Nikon D810a and a Nikon D750 are a bit different, the D810a will show H-alpha regions much more prominent. Some holds for combining data into a mosaic where 1 panel is done without a filter and the other panel is done with for instance a LPS filter. Then you will run into problems normally.

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ah right, good catch, yes those are problematic ofcourse as the data itself is then not comparable anymore.

ReplyQuote
Share: