2023-01-19: APP 2.0.0-beta13 has been released !
!!! Big performance increase due to optimizations in integration !!!
and upgraded development platform to GraalVM 22.3 based on openJDK19
We are very close now to releasing APP 2.0.0 stable with a complete printable manual...
Trying mosaic registration of two already stacked panels but it failed. Those were integrated with default settings beside of LNC set to 1st degree / 3 iterations and MBB at 5% - overlap is about 20%. Each panel has about 24 Megapixel. Shot with ASI2600MC without any filter.
While trying to mosaic register those two panels with "use dynamic distortion" enabled I get the following message on opening the registered view:
The image will be downscaled with factor 0,079 since the amount of pixels would otherwise be more than 290 Megapixel....
When I disable "use dynamic distortion" I get the image below - with stars middle left not matching.
What I tried:
anaylse stars to 5000
triangle / pentagons / quadrilaterals
scale start 5 / end 10
scale start 1 / end 12
Overlapping zone - the rest is fine:
So apparently your resources are too low for the full resolution to succeed. I'd try to downscale, what are your system specs?
I'm on a 2014 2.2GHz MacBookPro with 16GB of RAM - work directory is on an external SSD but I think that's not the reason - when I open the downscaled view the image is totally destroyed - some black and white shapes - no stars anymore.
Right, so maybe something else is going on. Could you share the data with us? I can give it a go as well to see what is happening (though my setup isn't super crazy either).
Go to https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com and for the username and password, use: upload
Create a directory named “stoker-mosaicIssue” and upload in there. Thank you!
Done - thank you for caring
We always do, thanks for uploading! I am a bit busy the coming week, so please allow for a few days.
Oh one more request, would you mind uploading the unregistered panels as well? So fully stacked and ready, but not yet registered? The problem could already lie in the registration parameters maybe. Thanks!
Oh, hold on, no need. Had some time left before bed. 🙂 Got this out of it;
Then proceeded with LP correction (over stretched and over saturated to see the gradients in the background better);
Rotated and stretched more normal, bit more contrast and touch of sharpness;
So looking great! I did use beta 2 of APP 1.083. I skipped the registration step (as these were registered), set the amount of stars to detect to 1600 (maybe 5000 is too much for this one), normalization to advanced and did 1st degree LNC, MBB 10%.
Looks great - loaded 1.083 Beta 2 and following your path did the trick 🙂
THXS for great support - awesome!!!
Woot! Thanks for letting me know. 🙂