Mosaic processing

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Mosaic processing

10 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@stoker)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Trying mosaic registration of two already stacked panels but it failed. Those were integrated with default settings beside of LNC set to 1st degree / 3 iterations and MBB at 5% - overlap is about 20%. Each panel has about 24 Megapixel. Shot with ASI2600MC without any filter.

While trying to mosaic register those two panels with "use dynamic distortion" enabled I get the following message on opening the registered view:

The image will be downscaled with factor 0,079 since the amount of pixels would otherwise be more than 290 Megapixel....

When I disable "use dynamic distortion" I get the image below - with stars middle left not matching.

What I tried:

anaylse stars to 5000

triangle / pentagons / quadrilaterals

scale start 5 / end 10

scale start 1 / end 12

Any ideas?

Overlapping zone - the rest is fine:

MOSAIC fail

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

So apparently your resources are too low for the full resolution to succeed. I'd try to downscale, what are your system specs?

ReplyQuote
(@stoker)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

I'm on a 2014 2.2GHz MacBookPro with 16GB of RAM - work directory is on an external SSD but I think that's not the reason - when I open the downscaled view the image is totally destroyed - some black and white shapes - no stars anymore. 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Right, so maybe something else is going on. Could you share the data with us? I can give it a go as well to see what is happening (though my setup isn't super crazy either).

Go to https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com and for the username and password, use: upload

Create a directory named “stoker-mosaicIssue” and upload in there. Thank you!

ReplyQuote
(@stoker)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Done - thank you for caring

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

We always do, thanks for uploading! I am a bit busy the coming week, so please allow for a few days.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Oh one more request, would you mind uploading the unregistered panels as well? So fully stacked and ready, but not yet registered? The problem could already lie in the registration parameters maybe. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Oh, hold on, no need. Had some time left before bed. 🙂 Got this out of it;

mosaic#1

Then proceeded with LP correction (over stretched and over saturated to see the gradients in the background better);

mosaic#2

Rotated and stretched more normal, bit more contrast and touch of sharpness;

mosaic#3

So looking great! I did use beta 2 of APP 1.083. I skipped the registration step (as these were registered), set the amount of stars to detect to 1600 (maybe 5000 is too much for this one), normalization to advanced and did 1st degree LNC, MBB 10%.

ReplyQuote
(@stoker)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Looks great - loaded 1.083 Beta 2 and following your path did the trick 🙂

THXS for great support - awesome!!!

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Woot! Thanks for letting me know. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share: