Mosaic Processing N...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Mosaic Processing Not Working

36 Posts
4 Users
6 Likes
(@clawson)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

The OpenGL button does effect displaying the finished Mosaic. Thank you for that tip!!! One further question on the "OpenGL", could I leave it one while processing for better performance with steps 3-6, and then just turn it off to display the images?  Or should I just disable it all the time because of the potential rainbow issue?

I have had some success overnight too (see the attached image). As a side note, it seems that processing all the subs, from all panels, is not practical, even if you have a relatively small number like I had for this with 150 across six panels. I left it run for +2weeks and it never even finished step 4, let alone getting through to final integration. So processing a panel at a time and then doing the combine last seems to be the way to do this. Perhaps people get different results on Windows/Linux, but on my iMac with multi-cores and 12+gig of RAM assigned it doesn't seem practically feasible.

I'll post screen shots of my settings in steps 4-6 in a followup post.

I'm pretty happy with this final image even though I'm sure there are many tweaks / changes that could be made, but at least I've got an OK result. 

Thanks for you help folks, I really appreciate it. 

In the attached the blending was OK and after a crop I was able to do some basic steps from step 9, remove LP, calibrate background/stars and did two simple adjustments in HSL for background and bumped red up just a little bit. 

Screen Shot 2019 06 27 at 8.06.43 am

ReplyQuote
(@clawson)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  
Step 6 Integrate
Step 5 Normalise
Step 4 Register
Step 3 Analyse Stars

Here are the settings that I got, many are from earlier posts in this thread, but these seemed to get a base OK result. Hope this helps others. 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Looking good! Yes, when doing mosaics I think it's better to first create the panels and then do the mosaic, it's how I do it all the time as well and just try to correct each panel as good as possible too.

clawson reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dav78)
Neutron Star

Glad to see that the OpenGL thing has worked !

I advised you to do that in my first post, but maybe I wasn't clear enough (sorry for my english) 😉 

For making mosaic, I also create each panel (crop for edges cleaning, gradient and light pollution removal), then I create the mosaic. My settings are not far from yours.

And I have to unable the openGL to display the mosaic and process it.

clawson reacted
ReplyQuote
(@clawson)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

One quick question please. On top of the remove light pollution tool (which is all kinds of amazing), you say "remove gradient" do you also mean using the calibrate background and calibrate stars features of APP to do that? 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

The LP tool is basically a gradient removal tool. I guess he hints to the same process.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: