Mosaic Integration ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Black Friday & Cyber Monday Sales on Renter's & Owner's licenses - sale will end on the 1st of December 2020 at 12:00 UTC

16 November 2020 - Wouter van Reeven has officially joined the Astro Pixel Processor Team as a moderator on our forum, welcome Wouter 🙂 !

31 July 2020 - Comet Registration video tutorial using APP 1.083-beta1 released.

30 July 2020 - APP 1.083-beta1 has been released introducing Comet processing! This 1st beta has comet registration. The stable release will also include special comet integration modes.

9 July 2020 - New and updated video tutorial using APP 1.081: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse (iTelescope.net) and Mabula Haverkamp

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

Mosaic Integration problems  

RSS

(@dalemschultz)
White Dwarf Customer
August 18, 2020 20:46  

I've obtained fairly low HWFM scoring subs using SGP's Framing and Mosiac Wizard (20% overlap) and have run them through to integration.  Following Mabula's instruction on parameters in his great Mosaic tutorial, I've tried to integrate the four integrated files, to no avail.  I even tried to run the integration with higher tolerances and more iterations of LNC & MBB.  How can I understand better what requirements are not being met either in my lights, or in my integration settings?

Thank you,

Dale

Screenshot (61)
Screenshot (62)
Screenshot (64)
Screenshot (63)

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@dalemschultz)
White Dwarf Customer
August 19, 2020 00:03  

As I've carefully analyzed these four integrated panels, I've noticed that my 20% overlap is missing for two of the frames.  I can't determine star matches between them.  They're very close but not overlapping!  Looks like APP tried to do the same thing but failed to see a match.  Chalk this one up to operator error!  Learning...  Must have been when I threw out some frames that didn't meet my FWHM criteria and I had to retake some.  Time to shoot more lights.

Thank you,

Dale

This post was modified 3 months ago by Dale Schultz

ReplyQuote
(@b4silio)
White Dwarf Customer
August 19, 2020 19:31  

Ouch yeah, that's the tricky part of overlap! You can take a 5th panel in the center so that you make sure everything can reference to it (and you'll have a cleaner core of the galaxy as a bonus)

ReplyQuote
(@dalemschultz)
White Dwarf Customer
August 20, 2020 21:43  

@b4silio,  Thanks for that!  My second Mosaic and I'm learning.  Thank you.

Dale

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
August 22, 2020 14:52  

Great you found that, looks like a very nice mosaic in creation!

ReplyQuote
(@dalemschultz)
White Dwarf Customer
August 23, 2020 21:45  

@vincent-mod  You're very generous Vincent!  Thank you.

ReplyQuote
Share: