magenta red tint in...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

magenta red tint in middle of image

(@cheastside)
White Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

Hey guys back with more questions.  i'm getting this magenta tint around the middle of m33.  this is 10 hours on m33 shot with my asi294mc pro.  this is data collected over two nights.  i used two sessions to integrate them.  I get this tint with or without applying the flats and dark flats. if i try and use the light pollution correction tool m33 gets pretty washed out.  any ideas on what is causing this and/or how to remove it?

i've attached a link to a google drive folder with the integrated stacks and a lights file.  one with and without flats applied.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1W9HgNIeP-UU1gT4eFRKqjqQWFJoQ06G3?usp=sharing

Screen Shot 2021 11 10 at 2.42.50 AM

any insight you might have would be appreciated!  thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

This looks a bit like you have a light leakage in the setup, could that be?

ReplyQuote
(@cheastside)
White Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

i don't think so but i will check that everything is tight.  digging around on the net i came across a few threads about this camera (asi 294 mc pro) and others experiencing similar issues.  some believing its dark current issues and possibly too much cooling?  maybe this is icing?  i was running the cooler at -20c on the last several images for the first time.  seems most recommend not to exceed -15c.  it also seems that zwo recommends shooting darks right after lights so you minimize any dark current issues.  i only did 60 darks/flats/dark flats so i think i'll increase that to 100.

this is the first time i've noticed this occuring.  its kinda weird.  the initial stack looks pretty good but if i crop or use the LP tool it sure looks pretty bad.

i've uploaded a stack of just the lights and attached is the screen grab of it.

Screen Shot 2021 11 11 at 5.52.42 AM

ReplyQuote
(@cheastside)
White Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

this link is to four nights of integration.  looks pretty good until its cropped or LP tool is used

https://drive.google.com/file/d/142mTJDR8-DwvAqtfbcwBWt6GXnRWrEWC/view?usp=sharing

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Ah yes, ice is also a possibility. Most people tend to avoid that by slowly cooling towards the target temperature, so setting it in steps towards -15 or -20. I can look at the files, but in this case I think it's pretty clear something happened at the setup itself. I would first try another few subs by both step-wise cooling and checking the setup as well.

ReplyQuote
Share: