Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

M 42

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@paolo27)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Good evening, like everyone I am doing 3 exposures with different times for the orion nebula.

Can the files all be put together? Using the option for different nights?

Or can the 3 separate sets be processed, putting a single reference frame to align the stars?

Thanks 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

You can combine all the data, even from different camera's and telescopes, so this is certainly possible. However, your aim is a HDR integration I think. This is not yet a capability in APP.

ReplyQuote
(@paolo27)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I would like to elaborate the 3 sets and then maybe blend them with photoshop.

But use a single reference frame for the stars.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ah got it, so you can select a manual reference frame by going to tab 3 and analyze the stars. Then to tab 4 and clicking on "manual reference" on top, followed by selecting the frame in the list below to be the reference.

ReplyQuote
(@paolo27)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

But can I use the 300s exposure for all sets for reference? Even from 10s and 120s?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

You should be able to yes, if you load all sessions in and manually select that reference.

ReplyQuote
(@paolo27)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I would like to make all 3 exposures have the same alignment for photoshop.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yes, so what you also can do is to make each set separately first, then load in the integrations again as lights, going to tab 4, click register and after that down in tab 4, save registered frames. If you want to save them as jpeg or tiff, you can reload a registered integration and press "save" on the right to export it as such a format.

But loading them in as different sessions will also make it possible to get 3 integrations that are registered to each other.

ReplyQuote
(@paolo27)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Thx 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share: