Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Issue stacking seperate sets of data- OSC Ha-OIII  

RSS

(@rattler1981)
Brown Dwarf Customer
April 8, 2020 13:26  

Hi guys. I'm having issues stacking an image in APP with Ha-OIII extract Ha and OIII. It's 4 hours on 2 separate nights , same filter. Only thing different was the temp imaged at due to on one night waiting for more desiccant pills. Both have flats and darks, I only have dark flats for one night though so avoided putting those in.
The error pictured comes up and I have tried the methods suggested. The only thing that seems to have worked a little is increasing the automatic stars target but for some reason it doesn't extract Ha or OIII correctly. Infact they both look identical when switching between Ha and OIII.
Both nights data stack fine seperately in Ha-OIII Color.
Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@rattler1981)
Brown Dwarf Customer
April 8, 2020 13:27  
IMG 20200407 221829

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
April 10, 2020 14:02  

Maybe it's faster to upload some of the frame that are not working properly, to our server. Login and password: appuser

Please create a directory first with the name "Rattler1981-extractissue" and upload some subs in there. Thank you!

ReplyQuote
(@rattler1981)
Brown Dwarf Customer
April 10, 2020 17:58  

@vincent-m

HI mate. How do I find out which files aren't working correctly? Thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@rattler1981)
Brown Dwarf Customer
April 10, 2020 19:46  

I changed some settings after reading some of the pinned posts and managed to complete the stacking but its certainly not showing the extracted Ha and has an odd pattern.

Soul Nebula session 1 session 2 odd pattern

This post was modified 2 months ago by RATTLER1981

ReplyQuote
(@rattler1981)
Brown Dwarf Customer
April 19, 2020 18:37  

ISSUE SOLVED

I was trying to stack with Bayer Drizzle but hadn't dithered by enough pixels. Was just process of elimination though as the error message didn't indicate this.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
April 19, 2020 19:59  

Ah, I wouldn't have guessed that. How much did you dither for when it didn't work?

ReplyQuote
(@rattler1981)
Brown Dwarf Customer
April 21, 2020 20:40  

@vincent-mod

I can't remember to be honest. Only a few pixels. I'm using the ASIair Pro now though and its set at 10.

ReplyQuote
Share: