Integration speeds/...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Integration speeds/ PC hardware utilization

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@loetech1)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Hi,

I have a general question out of curiosity more than anything.

I've been fortunate enough to upgrade my PC recently and enjoy quite fast integrations using APP. there is one part of the process however that does take a significant portion of the processing time where the PC does not seem to be working all that hard.

during integrate light frames, cpu usage comes in short bursts followed by a decent gap, curious as to whats the bottle neck here.

running an amd 5900x with gen4 ssd capable of 5gb/s transfers, i use all 24 threads and 50/64GB Ram allocated to APP

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I'm not sure as I didn't write the algorithm, but maybe this is also due to the processes other then LNC calculations, like preparing the data and writing to disk. These things are always thought about regarding optimization so they may change a bit as well.

ReplyQuote
Share: