Images not being lo...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Images not being loaded into image viewer

6 Posts
4 Users
4 Likes
 Eric
(@flywaldo)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

For some reason I can no longer preview images in the image viewer to use the preview adjustments in DPP. The only way to view stacked images is to open them with one of the adjustment tools, which does not let me switch back and forth between different iterations of pre-processing.

Thoughts?

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michel82)
Neutron Star

Does double click the image line work? For me it does on windows

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
 Eric
(@flywaldo)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

That did work, thanks. Used to just be a single click to view each image, wasn't aware of the change.

Clear skies!

Eric

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: Eric

For some reason I can no longer preview images in the image viewer to use the preview adjustments in DPP. The only way to view stacked images is to open them with one of the adjustment tools, which does not let me switch back and forth between different iterations of pre-processing.

Thoughts?

Hi Eric,

Yes, I wrote all changes down in the release notes, but it was quite a lot of information 😉 so maybe I should let APP inform you about the changes in the new version?

that would mean, that you can ask APP for the latest release notes to read and study them if wanted.

I made this change for several reasons, previously, if you selected/deselected a frame, APP would immediately start to load that frame which wasn't nice I think. And it made it impossible to do a multi-selection/deselection of frames. This is now possible by dragging your mouse over the frame list with the left mouse button or using shift/ctrl keys.

Furthermore, I have added a right-mouse-click menu which I hope you find usefull. I will be adding more options to this right-mouse-click menu in due time, like setting the reference frame for instance, or renaming a file.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@scott_rosen)
Neutron Star

Hi Mabula - I think there are some benefits to the double click method, but there's also a downside for me.  When I'm trying to preview all of my subs one by one, I used to be able to click on the first sub and then arrow down to look at the next one.  Now I need to double click on each successive sub to do this.

It's not terribly inconvenient, but it does make it  somewhat more cumbersome.  Perhaps there is a way to make the behavior in APP that, once an image has been double clicked, a subsequent down or up arrow would move to the next sub and automatically do the equivalent of a double click (i.e., display that image)?  If I then single click on an image, that would NOT load that image into the preview window (I'd still need to double click to preview), so the ability to select a group of images with a Ctrl-click or Shift-click would still work.

Scott -  http://www.astronomersdoitinthedark.com/

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Scott,

Thank you 😉 for your thought on this.

I should be able to fix that for you, I'll try to add the option that the up and down arrows work again for loading a new frame in the list if a frame was already loaded.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: