I was going to make...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

I was going to make an adjustment to PI using PixelMath - Can I do that with APP?

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@jethro777)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

I am using a Canon 7D and I have the colour profile of the camera - this modification allows me to basically turn the camera into an 'astro modified' camera without doing a mod on it.

I was intending to enter this data:

R sRGBsRGBsRGBColor matrix as defined in ISO standard 17321

raw2.14 -1.40 .26

G raw-0.251.64-0.4

raw-0-0.66 1.66

After performing a white balance and the very important background neutralisation,  I was going to use PixelMath to apply a gamma of 2.2:

R/K:   exp(ln($T[0])/2.2)

G:      exp(ln($T[1])/2.2)

B:       exp(ln($T[2])/2.2)

Can I do this in APP?

ReplyQuote
(@jethro777)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Found some details on this here:

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/main-forum/does-astro-pixel-processor-apply-the-color-matrix-correction-to-digital-camera-raw-data/paged/2

Amazing all the key actors have come together on this.  If this can be done in APP, then I don't think PI is necessary . 

Has anyone done this?

ReplyQuote
Share: