How to set-up an 11...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

How to set-up an 11 session process with two sets of darks, etc.

7 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@infinnity-deck)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Dear list members,

Over the last half year I have collected some 1750 subs in LRGB and Ha. L was recorded in 60s and 120s subs. Today I decided that it was enough data and started to run them through APP 1.078, but encountered a problem in assigning the calibration masters to the subs. There are two sets of masters, the first 6 sessions use master set 1, the other 5 sessions use master set 2.

When I load the lights I can assign them to session 1 - 11, the first 5 by clicking on "session 1" etc, the last 6 by entering a custom session name, which I called "session 6" etc.

So far all goes well and I have all subs assigned to these 11 sessions. Now, when loading the masters I run into trouble as the dialogue "To which session do we need to assign the frame(s)?" only shows the last 8 session names, so sessions 4 - 11. I can provide a custom session name and tried "session 1", which works, but then I need to assign the same master to session 2 as well, which then cancels the first assignment. I also tried assigning them to a custom session "session 1 session 2 session 3 session 4 session 5 session 6", but that does not seem to work either.

Obviously it is due to something I am oblivious of, so could someone on this forum please give me some directions on how to proceed?

Thanks in advance!

Nicolàs

This topic was modified 4 years ago by InFINNity Deck

ReplyQuote
(@infinnity-deck)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

bump

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Woops, my apologies I seem to have missed your post.

I'll ask Mabula for this one, but just as an aside.. could you split the data up? I usually try to avoid sessions with >500 frames and decide to split those up.

ReplyQuote
(@infinnity-deck)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi Vincent,

thanks for coming back on this, glad my 'bump' helped... 😉

I managed to process the data by using only three sessions, the result of which is here, but I think it is better to process them in 11 sessions, am I right?

Splitting up into separate sessions creates another problem. I have noticed in the past that if you do so, all integrations should have the same size and origin if you wish to combine them to one RGB. The problem is of course, that I then need to incorporate one of the 1731 frames (which comes from one of the 11 sessions) into all sessions and use that as reference. Or is there a better way to split up the processing?

I prefer NOT to split the processing, as that makes the whole process quicker. Now I start the processing on my observatory computer and some 12 hours later (I believe it was 10 minutes shorter than that) the job is done. When I split the job, I need to start each job, which needs my attention (sorry for my want of being lazy, but that is what computers are for... ;-)).

Furthermore I noticed that creating the NB masters in 1.078 I could not automatically apply them to the NB lights, instead they were loaded as 'MONO', despite having loaded them as 'user header tag'. So I removed them from the list and loaded them again, now assigning them manually to the NB lights. Perhaps I should start a new topic for that?

Nicolàs

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I've asked Mabula to check your problem out, I've never worked with 11 sessions before. 😉 Please notify me again if he didn't within a few days (he's a busy man).

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @infinnity-deck

Hi Vincent,

thanks for coming back on this, glad my 'bump' helped... 😉

I managed to process the data by using only three sessions, the result of which is here, but I think it is better to process them in 11 sessions, am I right?

Splitting up into separate sessions creates another problem. I have noticed in the past that if you do so, all integrations should have the same size and origin if you wish to combine them to one RGB. The problem is of course, that I then need to incorporate one of the 1731 frames (which comes from one of the 11 sessions) into all sessions and use that as reference. Or is there a better way to split up the processing?

I prefer NOT to split the processing, as that makes the whole process quicker. Now I start the processing on my observatory computer and some 12 hours later (I believe it was 10 minutes shorter than that) the job is done. When I split the job, I need to start each job, which needs my attention (sorry for my want of being lazy, but that is what computers are for... ;-)).

Furthermore I noticed that creating the NB masters in 1.078 I could not automatically apply them to the NB lights, instead they were loaded as 'MONO', despite having loaded them as 'user header tag'. So I removed them from the list and loaded them again, now assigning them manually to the NB lights. Perhaps I should start a new topic for that?

Nicolàs

Dear Nicolàs @infinnity-deck, & @vincent-mod,

Thank you for sharing this issue. I understand what is happening, the session (and filter) selection dialogue is not prepared for so many sessions (or filters).... which creates the issue clearly. I will fix this this afternoon.

I have fixed this already for the APP 1.079 release 😉 so no need to create new topic for this. (The issue was caused by a change in the FILTER header tagt to allow for more than 10 filters and/or sessions.)

I will release APP 1.079 once I have your issue fixed.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@infinnity-deck)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi Mabula,

thanks for joining in and for your answer and upcoming solution, will download the newest version as soon as it becomes available.

Nicolàs

PS: I love the new RGB-combine, get much better results with it in an easier way!

ReplyQuote
Share: