How to select refer...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

How to select reference frames for LNC (Local Normalization Correction) or LN (Local Normalization)  

RSS

(@mxcoppell)
Main Sequence Star Customer
February 11, 2021 04:35  

Dear Mabula,

In my current data set, subs in the first half (before meridian flip) has some stray lights on one long edge of the frames. Subs of the second half of the data set are clean (after the flip). 

In PixInsight, the user could select the reference frame/frames for the Local Normalization and the process will use the clean frames to correct the frames impacted by the stray light. 

How do I do this in Astro Pixel Processor? 

Thanks!

-Min

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar Admin
February 11, 2021 12:38  

@mxcoppell Hi Min,

In APP you can load your lights and calibration frames and then go to tab 3 and click "analyse stars". Once this is done you can check if the reference frame selected by APP is to your liking. If not, select the frame you want in the list of frames at the bottom of the APP window and click the "set reference" button at the top of tab 4. Then click the integrate" button at the bottom of tab 6.

HTH, Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@mxcoppell)
Main Sequence Star Customer
February 11, 2021 16:20  

@wvreeven

Thank you, Wouter. 

In fact, that's my common practice, especially when working with mosaic mode for the data set from the dual-scope setup. 

The question I posted is about selecting reference frame/frames for local normalization correct/local normalization to deal with the stray light situation. And, for local normalization, multiple reference frames could be selected for the LNC/LN in PixInsight. Just trying to see how to do this in APP. 

No worries, if this is not part of APP functions. We could always fall back to WBPP.

-Min

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar Admin
February 11, 2021 19:37  

@mxcoppell Ahh yes I misunderstood. This indeed is not possible in APP.

ReplyQuote
Share: