How to save files f...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

How to save files for Photoshop after RGB combination

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@daraobriain)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Screenshot 2022 08 21 at 18.11.41

Hi,

This should be very straightforward, but...

Just starting to use narrowband filters, and after combining in Hubble palette I have an image in APP, but not matter how I save it, when I try to open the Tiff file in Photoshop, the image has disappeared, and been replaced by what looks like a single capture, with very little data.

What am I doing wrong, and when I press save, what settings should I choose?

I have enclosed screengrabs of what I see, and the saved file.

thanks!

Screenshot 2022 08 21 at 18.10.41

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Hi Dara,

Are you using beta3 of APP 2.0? I'm not 100% sure, but I think there was a bug in an earlier version that may have had this. If you click on save on the right hand panel, have stretch enabled and select TIFF 16-/ or 32-bit, it should work

ReplyQuote
(@daraobriain)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod 

It's version 1.083.

Ah, I've already tried TIFF 16 and 32 with the same result. These are the settings when I save:

Screenshot 2022 08 21 at 20.46.30

So, what am I missing?

Thanks,

D

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@daraobriain Saving stretched images only works in 2.0.0-beta3 and not in any of the other versions. 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I'm suspecting it's the "linear data" ICC profile that is the issue. However, I just tried here and for me that option is ghosted, so if you can try to change that... 🙂

edit: And indeed, you may want to give beta 3 of APP 2.0 a go. It can be downloaded via the link on top of the forum.

ReplyQuote
Share: