Handling Mosaic Pan...

Share:

We have updated the forum software 🙂 ! We are now working on upgrading the whole site and the Forum to a dark theme...  so please refresh your internet browser twice to properly update the forum appearance AND functionality... Check your internet browser for the refresh function, on windows, this usually is the F5 button, but it depends on your internet browser.

Handling Mosaic Panels with different Quality  

RSS

(@whixson)
Red Giant Customer
October 14, 2018 21:41  

I just finished a 6-panel Ha mosaic of the Heart and Soul region over several nights. Following the guidelines of the tutorials I integrated them with no trouble other than having to lower star threshold from 6 to 5 due to very small stars. However, there were a couple clear seams showing where illumination was very different between the panels. I am now running the individual panels again with higher degree LNC (2 instead of 1) and 4 iterations instead of 1. Looking for advice I guess on handling different quality panels.

Wayne

ReplyQuote
(@whixson)
Red Giant Customer
October 15, 2018 06:32  

Follow up - doing the more rigorous LNC on the subs seemed to work a miracle - much better results. I keep trying to upload the results but get an error message.

(@vincent-mod)
Black Hole Moderator
October 16, 2018 22:33  

You mean an error by the forum? Which one?

And great! You seem to be getting a feeling for fiddling around with the settings.

ReplyQuote
(@whixson)
Red Giant Customer
October 16, 2018 22:59  

Thanks Vincent. Yes when I attempted to upload the image to the gallery it errored out. Tried several times. I uploaded another image this morning that appeared to work, but it hasn’t appeared in the forum. I’ll try the mosaic later. Maybe it was the size, 18mb?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Black Hole Moderator
October 16, 2018 23:23  

Usually sizes and fora gives you errors yes, not sure what the max size actually is, I'll ask Mabula (@mabula-admin).

ReplyQuote
Share: