Fuji DNG registrati...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Fuji DNG registration does not work

14 Posts
4 Users
3 Likes
(@jakieff)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

hello. I am just trying to work with Fuji files, which have been converted to DNG. This doesn't work. I get the same error on Windows and Mac OSX. Registration directly stops with a null Pointer error.

Screenshot 2019 10 21 at 18.40.55

.  Conversion has been done with Adobe DNG converter 11.4.1

This topic was modified 5 years ago by Jacques

ReplyQuote
(@andymcg)
Molecular Cloud

I’ve got exactly the same problem. I’m new to APP so I thought at first that it might be some setting I had wrong. 

Andy

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ok, that is interesting, that causes a Java error. Andrew, it's the exact same error you see? I'll inform Mabula on it.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Just got word that unfortunately Fuji is not supported yet, it's the only brand that isn't as it has a unique Bayer pattern apparently. This will be supported in a future version though. Sorry. He did ask if it would be possible for you to upload 1 or 2 of the DNG files as that will help him implement it faster, most likely in the next release. You can create a folder on our server with the name "Fuji DNG" if you want and upload them there. Login/password is: appuser

Thanks a lot.

ReplyQuote
(@andymcg)
Molecular Cloud

Thanks for letting us know Vincent. I was getting exactly the same pointer error. 

I've uploaded a sample DNG to the server. The original shot was taken with my Fuji X-T3 and converted from RAF to DNG with Adobe DNG Converter v11.4.1.291

Andy

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Much appreciated! Mabula said he would get it working in the next release and this data helps a lot.

ReplyQuote
(@andymcg)
Molecular Cloud

@vincent-mod

I see direct support for Fuji is on the to do list for further down the line.  Would the matching Fuji .RAF file be useful for later when Mabula gets to that stage?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I think more data is always helpful, so if you want to add that to the directory that would be great. I think the DNG is enough, but to be sure... 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@andymcg)
Molecular Cloud

I've added it, just in case it might speed up release of native Fuji raw version!  😉 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I think it will be DNG, but it will for sure help. Thanks a lot!

ReplyQuote
(@jakieff)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

Hello

I have just uploaded some bias,darks and lights to the JacquesKieffer_FujiDNG directory.

They come from an astromodified Fuji X-T2 with actual Firmware 4.30

I thought, due to conversion to the Adobe DNG format, the initial Sensor layout Trans-X would have been changed to Adobe format and would no more cause problems to stack.

kind regards

Jacques

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Amazing, thank you very much!

ReplyQuote
(@hoffi1981)
Brown Dwarf

Hi, i am curious how fare the implementation process of the Fuji Files is going. I Own a Fuji X-T3 and can load DNG Converter files to APP without a problem on V. 1.075. But in the best case i get a Black and with Picture. 

I played a lot with the Pattern in the RAW section. Is there a way to implement the 

GBG
RGR
GBG

Pattern?

What i don't understand is how to implement the 90° rotation between the patterns ... it is actually a

GBGGRG
RGRBGB
GBGGRG

so that would mean I have to ad a 6x3 Matrix or is that wrong?

hope my Question is not too confusing.

Are there some X-T3 files needed? Just let me know.

Thx in advance for your Work,

Christoph

Bildschirmfoto 2019 11 06 um 11.55.07

P.S. I would be pleased to do some alpha testing if needed

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

It's not confusing, but that's indeed one of the problems, I don't know the status yet but it shouldn't take very long to support. I think he mentioned it's set for the next version to be released.

ReplyQuote
Share: