Flats don't seem to...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Flats don't seem to be working

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@houthans)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

I seem to have a problem with my flats in the sense that they do not correct vignetting or take out some artifacts in the optical train (that don't seem to be dust bunnies). I image using a 300mm lens and a full spectrum modded Pentax K-5. I have taken the calibration frames (50 bias, 20 darks and 20 flats) and the flats (see attachment) also show the vignetting and artifacts, but don't remove these from the final stacked image. Does anyone know what may cause this? I will take the flats in the morning with the white t-shirt method and the camera in Av mode using the same ISO and no changes to the optical train.

MCDJ7789

Many thanks in advance,

Hans

ReplyQuote
(@mikeabr)
Red Giant

Take a look at the file name after you do the calibration step. If it only shows CA next to the name it's not applying ANY calibration frames. Recently I've been having this issue with APP and I don't know how to fix it. 

ReplyQuote
Share: