Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

[Solved] Fits Header

12 Posts
3 Users
5 Likes
(@shanebdye2gmail-com)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  
2023 12 24 09 22 46 Warning!

Edit by Mabula :  this issue is fixed in the 2.0.0-beta29 release.

This topic was modified 3 months ago by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
(@shanebdye2gmail-com)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

first time I've seen this but it happens when everything is finished and it tries to save the final image. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@shanebdye2gmail-com I've seen this happening when bad calibration files are used. More specifically, when only a master bias was used with a DSLR camera.

Which calibration files do you use? Do you get a popup indicating that there was a calibration error earlier in the processing pipeline?

ReplyQuote
(@shanebdye2gmail-com)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Actually I was just processing lights. It seems to not like the fits files as it only does it with them and it does it with files that i previously processed successfully. 

I converted a set of fits to tiff with pipp and then processed in app fine. 

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

Can you tell about the lights? What camera did you use? What ISO or gain? Temperature? Exposure time? Did you use a filter? Which telescope?

ReplyQuote
(@shanebdye2gmail-com)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

120 3" lights w/asi294mc @ 120gain. non cooled with ambience temps below 30*. 

evo72ed w/.8 reducer on cgem. No filter.

For the sake of clarity, I've been using beta version 13 and only recently updated to beta version 20 less than a week ago all on Windows 11 Home. Experimenting a little i uninstalled 20 and reinstalled 13 and no problems. I'm thinking about reinstalling 20 again just to verify because I'm willing to bet in my ignorance i screwed something up along the way. This software is amazing but my skill level is limited! 😀

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

Maybe try beta26, which is the latest version, instead of 20?

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @shanebdye2gmail-com & @wvreeven

In the latest APP versions, our dependency to read/write FITS files was upgraded, maybe this is related to this issue, since beta13 worked. It will be best if I can see a FITS files on which this occurs, to see if we can implement a workaround. If the error occurs due to FITS headers from the original FITS files, it should be noted, that they probably are not created correctly. But once I can analyse such a file, we can properly get to the bottom of this 😉 Can you share such a FITS file with me Shane?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@shanebdye2gmail-com)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

trying to upload a fits file but not having any luck :/ says file type not allowed

This post was modified 4 months ago by Shane Dye

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Shane @shanebdye2gmail-com,

Please accept my apologies, indeed, FITS is not allowed to upload to the forum directly.

But, please upload it to our data server here:

https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/

username: uploadData

password: uploadTestData

Please make a folder with your name and issue like: ShaneDye-FITS-issue

and upload the the fits file there and let me know once done 😉

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Shane @shanebdye2gmail-com,

Can you please upload such a FITS file that gives this issue with the instructions given in my previous post? It will help to solve this quickly, but the problem is clear as well. The FITS saver errors with a clear message, so I will address that and it should be fixed in the next release 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi all @shanebdye2gmail-com @wvreeven

I have fixed this issue properly now for the 2.0.0-beta29 release. All Fits headertag values will be checked for NaN and Infinite values and will be set to 0 when encountered with a single warning to the user that there is a data problem somehow.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: