Error when creating...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Error when creating a mosaic: java.lang.ArrayInexOutOfBoundsException: 2

10 Posts
4 Users
4 Likes
(@dkoslicki)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hello,

I am building a mosaic and wanted to check how the project is going so far. I took 4 of my stacked, calibrated, and color corrected FITS files and started the registration process (as I have done successfully in the past). However, this time it's throwing an error (see attached):

I find it suspicious that the error message includes "NoDistortionCorrection" in the module error since I do have "Use dynamic distortion correction" checked. If I uncheck it, the error disappears, but the frames fail to register.

Using "Calibrated projective" as the registration model, I get another, different error:

Any suggestions on how to fix this error?

Thanks,

~David

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@dkoslicki Hi David. What version of APP are you using?

ReplyQuote
(@dkoslicki)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven I'm using version 1.083.2

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Update to 1.083.4 or the latest beta version, that will likely solve your issue.

ReplyQuote
(@dkoslicki)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I upgraded to 1.083.4 and experience a slightly different error:

Upgrading to the latest beta gives yet another slightly different error:

And trying to run it again, I get a slightly different error:

In all cases, clearly the code is expecting a list to be of a certain length, but it's too short.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Mmm, I'm going to ask you to share some of your data that shows the issue, just to verify we have a bug there, is that ok? The login username and password on our server is different from your forum login, below are the details.

ReplyQuote
(@dkoslicki)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Apologies for the delayed reply: I figured out the issue and forgot to check back on the forum. It turns out that two of the frames failed to register, as they were from a different part of the mosaic that I hadn't finished yet and accidentally included. I'm happy to still upload the frames if your interested, but since I figured out what was causing the error, it may be moot. 

ReplyQuote
(@zumix)
White Dwarf

Hello. I am getting this error too in a mosaic with 3 pictures that are result of previous integrations. I have checked all of them look fine, even though one of them have less integrated time.

I have made some mosaics before and worked fine...

I am using 2.0.0 beta 2

Not sure what information should I give you to help understanding what is wrong...

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@zumix Hi Juan,

Please try with APP 2.0.0-beta9 and see if the issue also happens with that version.

Thanks, Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@zumix)
White Dwarf

Hi Wouter.

I have upgraded to beta 9 and now works fine... I now understand how important is to have the application up to date... 

Cheers

Juan

ReplyQuote
Share: