Error message Calibration sequence
The season has started and I tried to process my first EDGE 9,25 image when a strange error message poped up in the calibration sequence (it seems as the error occurs when the program reached the "Analyse Stars" process) in APP v. 1.083 beta2, (see attachment). I tried a few times with different data, but same message. Help to proceed is much needed and appreciated....
@ajnilsen It turns out that the star analysis in 1.083-beta2 not always is very stable. Please try 1.083-beta1 and see if that goes well.
Hi... Many thanks for your suggestion!
I rolled back to ver 1.082 and tried again, but same error message. Strange, it worked last week both with 1.082 and 1.083 beta2....?
I am stocked 🙁
I restarted and tried again, but still error. The message appears just as the "analyse stars" process begins. Could it vhave something to do with Windows (Microsoft) blocking java for security reasons?
I did a test with an image om M13 taken a few nights back, but with another camera (ASI2600c). This works normally in APP (v 1.082) applying flats and darks and going through analyse stars. The error appears when I process files taken with ASI533c. I use Astro Photography Tool (ver 3.88.3) for obtaining the images on both data sets, but two different computers (both PCs). Never had this problem before with the same set ups. I am attaching one image file and one flat filed for the data set that does not work (M57)...
No I am even more lost 🙁
@ajnilsen Hi again. Sorry to see your issues continue.I downloaded the two files and they look good to me.
Could you upload the ASI533MC data set to
using upload for both username and password? Please create a directory called ajnilsen_analyse_stars_error and put the files in there. Then I will have a look (probably on Monday) to see if I can figure out what's wrong.
I am uploading 10 light files, 10 flats, one master dark. I have a suspecion that the problem could be related to master frames). I shall be away for the week end, but I'll be back on Monday. Uploading now.... Please let me know what you can track... Thanks!
Hi, Yes I do and I just now made a new master dark from the old RAW darks and now it seems to work..... I'll let you know how it turns out at the end. Thanks for your help so far.
The error message is linked to the master dark. When I generated a new master dark form the same raw data (March -21), the process worked. The funny thing is that the "corrupt" MD-filed works with other data sets... anyway, problem solved 🙂