Error integrating s...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

[Solved] Error integrating since the upgrade

18 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
(@wayne-zuhlgmail-com)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Integration error since the update - It fails with this error every time.

APP Error

Since upgrading, I've been getting this error every time I try to do an integration.  I've tried with and without the BayerXTrans Drizzle and the result is the same - Error.

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ah yes, some seem to run into this one. Mabula is already investigating it and trying to see if he can fix this asap.

ReplyQuote
(@wayne-zuhlgmail-com)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod I hope that he addresses it soon.  APP without being able to integrate isn't what I paid for.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I understand, the beta releases are meant for testing so bug are expected. You can always download older versions from the download section. Mabula has this as a high priority, he also asked if you could upload the data that causes the issue as it's a tricky bug.

ReplyQuote
(@wayne-zuhlgmail-com)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod Thanks!  I just finished uploading the files.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Thank you, Mabula is going to see if he is able to reproduce the bug.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Wayne @wayne-zuhlgmail-com,

Thank you veyr much for sharing your data and your issue.

Can you please provide more information:

What settings do you use in menus 2) to 6) that creates the error?

And are you multiple sessions or not? So 60s session1 perhaps and the others as session2?

2 other users have reported the issue, and I have not yet been able to duplicate the problem, so I need to have as much information as you can give me to solve this as soon as possible. Thanks 😉

Mabula

This post was modified 8 months ago by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

I loaded all frames for session 1(and most settings as defaults in 2)-6) ), APP will then let you assign the correct MasterFlat for the light frames based on the gain value and this all works without issues... so what do you differently is the question, only multiple sessions or are you using non-default settings in the 6) Integrate menu?

Defaults Only 1 Session works

Edit by Mabula, loading the data with 2 sessions and drizzle enabled also works without issues over here. Perhaps you are using something in menu 6) that I have not tried yet? LNC, MBB, output maps ?

Thanks in advance 😉

Mabula

This post was modified 8 months ago 2 times by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
(@wayne-zuhlgmail-com)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin See the attached settings for screen 6.  

Thanks!

Screen6 1
Screen6 2
Screen6

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @wayne-zuhlgmail-com

Integration error since the update - It fails with this error every time.

APP Error

Since upgrading, I've been getting this error every time I try to do an integration.  I've tried with and without the BayerXTrans Drizzle and the result is the same - Error.

Thank you very much for sharing the settings in menu 6)Integrate. At what moment does the error exactly, when the integration process starts in general or when the integration finishes?

Despite all the information that I have received up until now, I can not reproduce this error. It always works correctly on all my test systems as you can see in the screenshot below:

Just works fine no error integration completes okay

So can you also share the settings in 0) RAW/FITS, 1)LOAD, 2)CALIBRATE, 3)ANALYSE STARS, 4) REGISTER and 5)NORMALIZE ?

I guess the actual cause of the problem will be one of those menus then.

Also, can you try the following for me: click the CFG menu and then on the RESET all menu tabs to defaults and confirm that. Then try to process your data again, is the error still occuring now?

Mabula

This post was modified 8 months ago 2 times by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
(@wayne-zuhlgmail-com)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I am going to reset the menus and retry now.  Below are the settings for tabs 0 through 5.  Tgabjs!

Screen2 1
screen1 2
Screen2 2
Screen2 5
Screen2 3
Screen1 1
Screen2 4
Screen0
Screen4 2
Screen4 1
Screen3
Screen5

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Thanks Wayne @wayne-zuhlgmail-com,

I will test again with all those settings 😉 right now !

This post was modified 8 months ago by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Yes @wayne-zuhlgmail-com, I have triggered the bug now 🙂 !!!

I already now what is wrong and why this was happening for you. I suspect that when you have resetted the tab menus the error is also gone right?

In menu 0) RAW/FITS, you had the Bayer & X-Trans CFA algorithm set to no interpolation, which is not what you want nor need to do for this data. You need to debayer the data with preferably Adaptive Airy Disc. If you set it to no interpolation, and load an image into the image viewer, you will see it has no color and that you see the actual CFA data as recorded by the sensor of your camera:

No Interpolation on OSC data shows CFA sensor data

And zoomed in you see the CFA Bayer pattern clearly:

No Interpolation on OSC data shows CFA sensor data 2

So simply process your data with Adaptive Airy Disc and all will be okay 😉

I will fix the error that was thrown as well now, to make sure that it is corrected.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @wayne-zuhlgmail-com,

Fixed in the next release 2.0.0-beta23:

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/release-information/astro-pixel-processor-2-0-0-beta23-release-notes-work-in-progress/

• FIXED INTEGRATION BAYER DRIZZLE BUG

If OSC data that still needs to be debayered is loaded and the user want to integrate with Bayer Drizzle ,but has set the demosaic algorithm in 0) RAW/FITS to no interpolation, an error was thrown in the Integrator stating an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException Index 1 out of bounds for length 1. The no interpolation algorithm is for users with OSC camera's that have the CFA filters removed from the sensor. The algorithm enables them to shoot monochrome narrowband with a camera that was previously a color camera. This exception is now caught properly with the following message:

BayerDrizzle bug with no interpolation demosaic algorithm

ReplyQuote
(@wayne-zuhlgmail-com)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin Yes!  Resetting the menus solved the issue.  Thank you so much for all your help!

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @wayne-zuhlgmail-com

@mabula-admin Yes!  Resetting the menus solved the issue.  Thank you so much for all your help!

Excellent 😉 thank you very much for reporting the issue, your help and your feedback !

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Please check out 2.0.0-beta23 which was released today 😉

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/downloads/

Your issue was fixed 😉 and should not happen again !

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@wayne-zuhlgmail-com)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Great!  Thank you, so much!!!

ReplyQuote
Share: