Encountered error i...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Encountered error in module: DeepSkySliderImageTask

11 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@mackiedlm)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I'm trying to load a HARGB and get this error when I hit Ccalculate" Any suggestions?

Using 1.077

thanks

David

ReplyQuote
(@mackiedlm)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Full message is;

Encountered error in module:
DeepSkySliderImageTask

Error message:
java.lang.NullPointerException

Cause:
null
java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:460)
gh.<init>(Unknown Source)
fL.a(Unknown Source)
fL.a(Unknown Source)

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Please upgrade to 1.079 first, a lot of bugs have been fixed in between these versions. You can download it here: https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/appreleases/downloads/

ReplyQuote
(@mackiedlm)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Thanks Vincent

Hope you are doing well and the move from Scotland went OK.

ReplyQuote
(@mackiedlm)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Unfortunately the same error in 1.079

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yes, I'm doing fine at the moment. Hoping to get into a normal rhythm when everything can open up again and we can move into a bigger place. 🙂

Ok, so let's dive a bit deeper into this. What are you loading exactly, separate H-alpha and separate RGB or an already integrated HaRGB image?

ReplyQuote
(@mackiedlm)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Thats good. Yes its a very strange time all-right.

So this is a set of fits files made available by a guy on one of the forums to help others learn. And its the first time i've tried to do HARGB in APP.

They are .fit, one each for Ha, R, G and B. Each file is around 245mb

I can open the .fit in fits liberator and save it as a .tiff which I can then open and combine in APP.

Even if i load the .fits in as seperate other/processed files (rather than trying to combine them striaght from the folder) when I try to open them individually in the preview window I get the same error.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ok interesting. So APP is able to load fits files just fine, there shouldn't be a need to convert them. But you're saying that the reading of the fits (opening one up to display by double clicking on it) already causes the crash? So straight from loading it in as a light frame and viewing it?

I think it would be great to be able to look at the data directly, can I download them somewhere? And if not, would it be possible to share them on our server?

ReplyQuote
(@mackiedlm)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hmm, bit reticent about that as its not my data. The links are here; https://theskysearchers.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9319 the second last post but maybe you will not get access if you are not a member. The one I'm trying just now ids the triffid but had the same problem with the eagle.

If you cant get access let me know and I could ask the OP if he'd be OK with me sharing it for this purpose.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ok, well I don't want to do anything that the original author doesn't want ofcourse, so maybe you'd like to ask him directly? If it would be just 1 file that seems to cause a crash, that will already be very helpful. Another idea could be to use a different data-set like the one available here: https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/complete-lrgb-tutorial-of-ngc292-the-small-magellanic-cloud-by-christian-sasse-itelescope-net/ this is a very nice guide to follow as well.

If you choose to go for the tutorial here, please still ask for that file that crashes, we're always very interested in that as we can debug APP further. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@mackiedlm)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Thanks Vincent,

I've already downloaded that turorial just never got around to trying it. I'll give it a go later and if it works OK I'll ask the author if its ok to share.

Rgds

David

ReplyQuote
Share: