DuoNarrowband-Split...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

DuoNarrowband-Split CFA

6 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@frasax)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hello,

there are debayer modes for DuoNarrowband filters in APP. My question is, how do they extract the Ha and OIII information? Is it a splitting of the RGB color channels or is it a "real" CFA split? If it would such, the resolution has to be 1/4 of the original image (but its not), so i assume its an RGB seperation? 

Couldn´t find any information about it.

Cheers Frank

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

This is easily done in tab 0. There you have the bayer algorithm that you can change to "Ha extract" for instance or any of the other options. Set it to your liking, then go and load in the lights. Process the Ha, and then clear the data, change the algorithm to OIII (for instance) and load again. It's not a simple channel-split, but a bit more intelligent.

Frank reacted
ReplyQuote
(@frasax)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

Hi Vincent,

yes i know this, but i wanted to know whats happening behind the scenes. I assume its splitted in to its 4 pixel values (RGGB) and resampled again?!

Know what i mean?

Cheers

Frank

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ah yes, so I have no good knowledge of what the algorithm is doing internally. It's likely something of a resampling like you mention, but it also retains resolution by doing so etc.

Frank reacted
ReplyQuote
(@frasax)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

Ok, so i think its a drizzle.

Tried to reach Mabula, but he seems to be busy.

Cheers

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

He's very busy indeed trying to speed up the next release. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share: