Duo-band (L-enhance...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Duo-band (L-enhance) and drizzle

16 Posts
6 Users
2 Likes
(@mackiedlm)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I have captured images of NGC6960 (Western veil) on a Canon 700D with L-enhance duoband. I then integrate with HA-extract and OIII extract and rebuild an HOO image in Combine RGB and it looks good. When I look at the HA and OIII they are very different which is all good.

BUT - if i try to integrate the same data with Ha-extract and OIII extract and drizzle in the integration, the HA and OIII mono images look identical. and of course the combined HOO image is no good.

Am I missing some tweak in settings?

Thanks

David.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Interesting, it might be a bug perhaps. I’ll inform Mabula about and thank you for notifying us. If it’s something else, we’ll find it out.

David Mackie reacted
ReplyQuote
(@neverfox)
Main Sequence Star

I'm experiencing the same thing, i.e. identical (and not very good) Ha and OIII results when I use Bayer/X-Trans drizzle. As an experiment, I tried regular drizzle and said No when it asked be to switch to Bayer/X-Trans. That gave similar (good) results to regular interpolation.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Are you willing to share your data for me to have a closer look?

Go to https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com and use upload1 (or upload2 till 5) as username and password will then be the same as the username.

Create a directory named “neverfox-drizzle” and upload in there. Thank you!

ReplyQuote
(@neverfox)
Main Sequence Star

Done!

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Thanks, I'll download the data shortly and have a play with it.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

So I'm trying the bayer drizzle integration, I do see differences between the OIII and Ha, mainly in signal. But that's to be expected as the OIII signal is much lower, so in the end result is difficult to notice. There is a difference though with the regular integration, so it's something I'll try to investigate further.

ReplyQuote
(@neverfox)
Main Sequence Star

If there are differences, they aren't readily visible in the way you'd expect though. When I load one and then the other in APP preview, you can't tell that you actually changed the image. That's not what you get if you don't use drizzle. Instead you get a strong Ha and weak OIII with noticeable differences in where the nebulosity has signal. Happy to provide the integrated files so you can see if I'm seeing what you're seeing.

This post was modified 4 years ago by Roman Pearah

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Mm, yes that would be nice, I can forward those to Mabula with some of the explanation. Could you upload those in the same folder on the server? I couldn't see it very well which made it hard to make conclusions, the OIII was too weak for that in my processing.

ReplyQuote
(@xs4allan)
White Dwarf

@mackiedlm Isn't it so that when using bayer drizzle or x-trans the bayer CFA settings under tab 0) gets ignored?

ReplyQuote
(@deeko76)
White Dwarf

Same experience here. When trying to use Bayer drizzle the two files using the 'Ha-OIII extract Ha' and 'Ha-OIII extract OIII' algorithms are poor quality and look almost identical. Using interpolation mode is fine with 'OK' results but I wanted to try drizzle as images are dithered and undersampled. Any update on what the issue might be on this ? thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I've asked Mabula to have a look as I'm not super familiar with this particular workflow.

ReplyQuote
(@tkottary)
White Dwarf

This never worked for me for the past 2 years now. 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ok, very late update on this. Indeed, combined with drizzling we now see there is a bug! Sorry for not noticing this clearly, we haven't done this workflow much and I couldn't see it properly. It will be fixed in the next release!

ReplyQuote
(@neverfox)
Main Sequence Star

@vincent-mod Good to hear. Just curious, when is the next release planned?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I have no real date myself, but it should be very shortly. I think within a week or 1-2.

ReplyQuote
Share: