Drizzle settings gu...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Drizzle settings guidance -

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@andynowlen)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi,

When I get the sort of artifacts showing in the attached screenshot what should I do?  Drizzle?  If so, which settings would be best?

Thanks,

Andy

Screen Shot 2023 01 23 at 10.47.11 AM

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

That looks like undersampling, but I'm not sure. Can you tell me more about what camera was used, what you did with the data etc?

If it is, you can dither (you should always do that btw) every 1-3 frames and set the amount of pixels to dither to about 10. You can read more about that here: https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/postid/26700/

In APP you would then use drizzling to fill in the missing data.

ReplyQuote
(@andynowlen)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Thanks.  With this gear I dither 10 pixels every 3 frames.  I have 178 frames.

So my question is:  With the kind of result seen in that image what should my drizzle settings be?  Any possibilities would be helpful.

Thank you,

Andy

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

In tab 6 (integrate), all the way down, select the integrate mode to be "drizzle" and start with the default droplet size and scale.

ReplyQuote
Share: