Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Comet ZTF

4 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
(@woldsweather)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Has anyone had any success stacking Comet ZTF with APP?

I note the following:

1. I had to click on 99% of my 106 images. Has anyone found a way of automating this?

2. Clicking on the centre of the nucleus. a) The crosswires don't appear where you click but randomly somewhere close. Once you have put the crosswire somewhere near the centre is there a way of cancelling that image and doing it again (rather than starting all over again when you've done 86 as I had to).

3. When the Comet is near a star the crosswire is put on the star so the frame has to bee abandoned I find.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Dear Trevor,

That all sounds like the comet is actually a bit too faint for the currect comet detection algorithm to work reliably. If you can upload your data, I will be happy to work on this and improve it 😉

Can you upload it here:

https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/

username: upload

password: upload

Please make a folder with your name and issue like : Trevor-Comet-Bad-Detection and let me know once uploaded 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@macroscopic)
Hydrogen Atom

Here’s my attempt. I had a couple of hours of 30 sec exposures, but used 20-or-so to stack.

I too had to click on most of them (although I noticed there were fewer overall clicks when doing the 250 light frames, but I scrapped that approach as the time period was too long). I figured my scope was too wide frame.

I can’t wait for upgraded functionality to keep pinpoint stars. I’ll re-process when available.

E4D18851 24E0 4019 BFD8 0BDE8A10A9DF

Andy Booth reacted
ReplyQuote
(@craig_astronomy4you)
Brown Dwarf

Here's a 62x60s stack of ZTE. I've not been able to get a static comet and pinpoint stars image yet.

ReplyQuote
Share: