Downloaded APP on a...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

[Solved] Downloaded APP on a Second Computer - Problems

6 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
 Tim
(@tim)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I have been using APP 1.054 for a couple of weeks. I'm staying at a different location for a few weeks so I downloaded a second copy of APP 1.054 on a new computer. On the new computer the 1. LOAD  function will not load - nothing happens. The "Set Work Directory" function will work to the folder level but will not show any files. This may be the same problem as reported by Doug a few days ago under " Problems creating BPM files". However, I am using files created by my ASI1600mm-c and fits masters created by APP.  I tried loading the program a couple of times but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Is there some version of JAVA I have to load on the new system?

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Tim,

The JAVA version installed on your system has no influence, because APP is running in a Java Runtime packaged in the installer, so it's always using the correct Java version. It will not use the java version that is installed on the system.

To better understand what is happening here, I need Operating System and computer specific details:

• which OS? 32 or 64 bits?
  • what kind of hardware is used? CPU, memory etc..
  • on what kind of harddrives are the files ? SSD or HDD?
  • are the files on an external drive ?

When you set the work directory, it's normal no files are shown, the file chooser will only show folders in that case, since a folder needs to be chosen.

When you click on the LOAD button, is the file chooser perhaps there, but not initially visible? Is it behind the main application window perhaps?

I haven't received more feedback from Doug yet unfortunately.

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
 Tim
(@tim)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Thanks Mabula, I found the problem. It wasn't the computer - it was on the other side of the keyboard. Sorry, for wasting your time. Everything great now.

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Tim,

Okay, that's good to hear 😉

I don't understand "it was on the other side of the keyboard" though... does your keyboard display the windows as well?

Cheers,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
 Tim
(@tim)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

One side of the keyboard is the computer - the other side is me. 🙂  It was a stupid mistake by me. 

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Aahhh, now I get it 😉 !

ReplyQuote
Share: