Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

[Solved] Dithering

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@evolve)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Good Evening

I try to solve my Walking Pattern Noise

So I do dithering and I checked the Pictures it works. (each picture 5 pixels)

Do I have to set something in APP that this Noise goes away ? A Friend said maybe activate something like outlier (he doesn't have APP) . Because after Stacking I still can see Walking Pattern Noise.

CS Sebastian

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @evolve

Good Evening

I try to solve my Walking Pattern Noise

So I do dithering and I checked the Pictures it works. (each picture 5 pixels)

Do I have to set something in APP that this Noise goes away ? A Friend said maybe activate something like outlier (he doesn't have APP) . Because after Stacking I still can see Walking Pattern Noise.

CS Sebastian

Hi Sebastian @evolve,

In which APP version is this? Have you tried in 1.077 or even 1.078 ?

If walking noise is still visibile, then it is caused usually by hot pixels or fixed patterns in your camera's dark current.

Are you using a Bad Pixel Map? If not, try calirbating with a Bad Pixel Map as well in 2) Calibrate.

In 6) Integrate, you want to use an outlier rejection filter to remove outliers, that should ged rid of remaining walking noise. If it is still present though, maybe the dithering steps were still to small?

Perhaps you can show a screenshot? How many images did you integrate?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@evolve)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Thanks for Helping me

I create a BPM and a Master dark Flat one of those reduce it much.

I tried also the outlier rejection by hand but I didn't see a different to automatic mode, so I guess the Program did it right

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Excellent Sebastian  @evolve, I think it is the addition of the Bad Pixel Map.

Walking noise is caused by hot pixels in your data and the BPM is there to get those corrected at the calibration frames already 😊 

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: