Different Dimension...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Different Dimensions Prevent Combining HSO

13 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rixon)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi, I'm Using 2.0.0-beta6 for M1 Mac.

I've calibrated, registered and integrated separate H, S, O channels of my 1x2 mosaic. 
Now, when trying to combine these, for some reason the dimensions are slightly different and the combination fails.

The dimensions are:
Ha 10849x12753 pixels
OIII 10852x12756
SII 108543x12772

I'm not sure why these are different sizes, but is it not possible to combine these in APP? 
Thanks!

Rixon

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@rixon Hi Rixon,

During imaging there usually is some drift of the object in the field of view (intentional via dithering or unintentional). When the images are registered, they are aligned with respect of each other which introduces stacking borders that are not fully covered by all images leading to larger images than the size of a single raw image. If you separately stack the Ha, OIII and SII images than the raw images for each filter are aligned with each other but not with the images of the other filters. This leads to three integration results (one for each filter) with different sizes.

The easiest way to prevent this is to load all raw files (including the calibration files) for all filters at once. Just make sure that the files for the different filters are assigned to their respective filter in APP and APP will be able to sort this out. It will then produce three integration results that have the same size and are aligned with each other so you can immediately continue to process them.

For now you can load the three integration results as light in APP (no need to load calibration data). APP will recognise that these are processed files and will ask you if you are sure that you want to load them as light. Click yes. Then got to tab 5 and click the "normalize lights" button. This will make APP go through all the steps in tabs 2 to 5 (since there are no calibration files the calibrate step of tab 2 will simply be skipped) including registration of the files and normalisation (so you don't need to do that afterwards). When this process has finished, click the "save normalized frames" button at the bottom of tab 5. You can then use those files for producing the SHO image.

HTH, Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@rixon)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

@wvreeven Okay, this is GREAT information. Thanks! 
Now all 3 filters' files are the same pixel size. 

However, unfortunately now it crashes the program when it gets about 80% through the combine RGB tool's re-caculation for either HSO or SHO formulas. 

Restarted the program and tried several more times and it still crashes the program.

I'm on an M1 MacBook Pro. Perhaps this is a bug?

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@rixon Can you upload the three unregistered and non-normalized integration results to

ReplyQuote
(@rixon)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi Wouter, Okay, I'm trying to upload 3 files, but it's taking forever. My upload speed test on my end is 20 Mbps. However, the upload to your site is only at 4% after 10 mins with an expected upload time of over 3 hours. And that's just for one file. The file size of each file is 588 MB as they are from a QHY 600 1z2 mosaic. So I zipped the files and still the size is over 1GB. So I haven't started that and kept with the 3 individual 588 MB files uploading. According to the upload estimate this will take 10 or more hours to upload. Do you want me to continue? 
Thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@rixon Please continue if you can. However, if you know of a faster way to share your files then I'd be open for that as well of course!

ReplyQuote
(@rixon)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Okay, these have now been uploaded. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@rixon Thanks a lot for your patience!

I have downloaded the images, applied normalization and saved the normalized files. Then I loaded them in the combine RGB tool and one by one applied SHO 1, 2, 3 and 4 and HSO 1 and 2 to them. All went fine without any crashes.

What version of macOS are you on? Are the images stored on the Mac interna SSD or on an external HD/SSD? If the latter, does this also happen when you store the images on the internal SSD?

ReplyQuote
(@rixon)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

@wvreeven M1 Mac Ultra 12.4 Monterey. APP Beta 6 for M1. The files are stored on the Mac SSD. It gets about 80% through the combine and crashes every time. Are there logs I can check? 

Can you upload the normalized files and I'll try yours? 

This post was modified 1 year ago 2 times by rixon

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@rixon The specs of your macOS and SSD should be OK.FYI I am on macOS Ventura 13.0.1 on an Intel MacBook and had stored your images on my internal SSD.

I have uploaded the normalized files to your directory. Let me know if they work for you. If not then Mabula will probably need to take a look.

ReplyQuote
(@rixon)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Okay, so your files crashed too on my M1 Mac.

The apple crash report indicates 

Crashed Thread: 170 Dispatch queue: GLImageWork

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000000a9c80
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x00000000000a9c80
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

There is a lot of other information in the crash report but the above might be useful. Unfortunately, I can't seem to save the entire crash report. But if you need the entire report I can send multiple screenshots. 

Thanks!

Rixon

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@rixon Thanks for trying and sorry that it still doesn't work. I have asked Mabula to chime in.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Rixon @rixon,

I will test your data later today to see if I can understand what is happening here.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: