Share:
Notifications
Clear all

2022-09-02: APP 2.0.0-beta4 has been released !

Release notes

Download links per platform:

windows 2.0.0-beta4

macOS x86_64 2.0.0-beta4

macOS arm64 M1 2.0.0-beta4

Linux DEB 2.0.0-beta4

Linux RPM 2.0.0-beta4

Combine RGB Issue

(@garycphoto)
White Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

Hello,

I am trying to integrate multiple sessions and was having trouble recently. I had a previous topic about this and it was resolved. I have been able to integrate my 120s sessions with my 300s session successfully. 
Now when I do ha & oiii extract I also integrate the sessions of 120s & 300s successfully. When I try to run a HOO or SHO combination it tell me that I cannot as the images aren’t the same size. 

I can see this in the info on app where it gives me the pixel dimensions. This is a bit odd since I’m using the same camera and scope. 294mc pro and William Optics gt71. 

Any idea as to why this is happening? Thank you! 

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin

@garycphoto Hi,

There usually is some drift or dithering during the night which results into a slight shift of the target in the lights. APP aligns the lights resulting in a larger image than the size of a single light. The size difference depends on how much the target wanders and usually is different on different nights. That explains why the 120 sec and 300 sec integrations have different sizes. 

Just load the integration results as lights (no calibration data), go to tab 4 and register them against each other. That will make APP align the images and give them the same dimensions. You can then save the registered frames at the bottom of tab 4 and load those into combine rgb. 

HTH, Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@garycphoto)
White Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

@wvreeven Thanks for the quick response Wouter. I’ll try that for sure. 

ReplyQuote
Share: