Calibration problem...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Calibration problem... or maybe more a camera problem?

(@ggalbch)
White Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

Hello APP Team

I was trying to calibrate subs from last night and came across this unusual :

First, my camera is the ASI294MM Pro and the subs were taken at gain 121/30 -10°C with 300sec exposure time.
Most likely this is a camera problem rather then APP not doing it's job. But I am curious if any of the members have seen such behavior in the past.
The first image is from a second target taken in OIII last night showing the "regular" amp glow I would expect. Second image is the one I have problems with calibrating. The amp glow is much fainter in this sub as much it was taken with same settings and filter.

Here below is the outcome after calibration. The amp glow is still visible. The entire image actually looks like not touched at all.

Interestingly, as much the second target was taken at a slightly different rotation angle (first image) the MD, MDF and MF of the target in question, take care of the amp glow in that sub.

Should I just reshoot all the OIII subs or are there any remedies to save them? And has anyone had similar problems with ZWO cameras.

Thank you in advance

Georg

ReplyQuote
(@ggalbch)
White Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

I wanted to follow up and let you know that the problem was located. It was found between computer's keyboard and chair.... ME!!!
As suspected, it was on the camera side and some of the subs were mistakenly taken in Bin1 instead of Bin2. The file name is so long that it was hidden out of site in the APP window. 

Clear skies 
Georg

ReplyQuote
Share: