Blue tint in some i...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Blue tint in some integrations

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@ajnilsen)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi...

I experienced recently that some images shows a distinct blue tint after integration. All taken with ZWO ASI2600c, forced Bayer supported, flats, dark and bias. Example is the 2hrs 10 min integration of M33 taken yesterday where only light pollution has been corrected in APP and the image streched to non linear. The image was shot using a lumicon deep sky filter as well as the integrated UV-filter in the camera.  The funny thing is that the blue tint only shows up in some images.  In other images (like the attached integration of Rosette Nebula, Nikon 300mm f2.8 3hrs 40min) shows normal colours.  Same filter, same camera, same seeing and same process.  Any comments on how to avoid the blue tint would be appreciated....

best

Alf J.

M33 150121 lpc cbg
Rosette Nebula 130121 lpc cbg

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@ajnilsen Does this only happen with the ASI2600MC camera? If yes please have a look at the white balance settings of the ZWO driver. The white balance for red is set to 0.52 and for blue to 0.95 (on a scale from 0 to 1)  by default and both should be set to 0.5 in order to get good colors. I don’t know why ZWO have decided to set the white balances like that but they did. 

ReplyQuote
(@ajnilsen)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi...

Yes, only for the ASI2600c and not always. I'll check the white balance settings and reply. Thanks for the tip!

best

AJ

ReplyQuote
(@ajnilsen)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi again....

I checked the white balance settings for ASI2600 using ASICap and it was 50:50.  However, when I downloaded the latested ASCOM driver version and installed it, the settings changed to 95:1 and had to be manually adjusted to 50:50.  Anyway, the driver used when taking the attached photos was the one that showed up 50:50.  Could it be that the settings change from session to session??  Funny that the tint only appears in some images...

best

Alf J.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@ajnilsen The white balance is set by the driver so if it changes then it would be a question for the forum of the software that you use to take the pictures and not here, sorry. 

ReplyQuote
Share: