Best way to integrate different exposures and gains
I have about 20 hours of Ha on Orion (M42) All the same camera (ASI-1600MM-C) and focal length but with different exposure times and different gain settings. The idea behind this is to try and produce a High Dynamic Range (HDR) image by blending the different images.
What I have are:-
- 15 Second Subs at Gain 75/15
- 180 Second Subs at Gain 75/15
- 180 Second Subs at Gain 139/21
- 9000 Second (15M) Subs at Gain 75/15 ( This was an accident when SGPRO changed seconds to minutes for some strange reason) Stack looks pretty good
My questions are:
- Is this the wrong approach.
- If not what would be the best way to stack all this data to achieve the best HDR results
Thank you for your help