Best way to integra...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Best way to integrate different exposures and gains

2 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@lanties)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I have about 20 hours of Ha on Orion (M42) All the same camera (ASI-1600MM-C) and focal length but with different exposure times and different gain settings. The idea behind this is to try and produce a High Dynamic Range (HDR)  image by blending the different images.

What I have are:-

• 15 Second Subs at Gain 75/15
  • 180 Second Subs at Gain 75/15
  • 180 Second Subs at Gain 139/21
  • 9000 Second (15M) Subs at Gain 75/15 ( This was an accident when SGPRO changed seconds to minutes for some strange reason) Stack looks pretty good

My questions are:

1. Is this the wrong approach. 
  2. If not what would be the best way to stack all this data to achieve the best HDR results

Thank you for your help

This topic was modified 5 years ago 2 times by lanties

ReplyQuote
(@schurig)
Neutron Star

Hi,

I am not sure if APP can combine all integrations to a HD image. I would try it like this.

Combine all 15sec subs to a master light, also each 180sec subs (I don't think that there is much difference between the 75Gain ans 139Gain subs), and finally the 15min subs to a master light.

You could then try to integrate those 3 masters to single master light (average, no outlier rejection, equal weights). Then try to set the developments sliders (e.g. the HL) in order to reveal the inner parts of the nebula. But as I said I don't know if APP can handle this as desired.

I personally would do the HD Combine in Photoshop.

Stephan

ReplyQuote
Share: